A lantern slide taken from a garden on West Lake Street by Frederick W. Martin (1877-1949), a Pasadena photographer. He opened his studio in 1907 and his wife, a watercolor artist, began hand-coloring his photographs in 1911. More than 3,000 of his photographs, most of the San Gabriel Valley, are in the California State Library collection, but at some point Martin made a trip across the U.S. and took photos in New York and New England. He signed his work “Fredk. W. Martin.” This particular slide came from a collection in Ojai, California.