Two views of St. James’ Episcopal Church, photographed from the roof of Legg Hall by O.M. Wildey. Above, the original wooden church building, shortly before it was torn down in 1873 and below, the new stone church building shortly after it was completed that year. In both photos, note the two trees to the west which survived the construction.
Photo above from the New York Public Library Digital Collections.