The interior of the Skaneateles Post Office. Left to right: Henry Tucker, Lester Harse, John Simmons, Earl Kelley and Walter Cavell.
Ken Wooster tells us when and where:
“This interior view of the post office is during the period after July 1, 1902, the date on which the move was made to East Genesee Street, in the Shear Block, where it remained until 1962. The most obvious clue is the fenestration. Looking toward the front of the building, the picture shows large windows rising to the ceiling, very unlike the smaller windows in the Eckett Block. Another clue is the presence of Lester Harse (left back), who was born in 1888 and would have been 14 or less if this were taken prior to the move in 1902. If you need further convincing, go into the store that presently occupies the space and witness that steel support column for yourself. Or the encroachment on the space that houses the stairway to the apartments above. Walter Cavell (far right) is tending a customer at the service window.”